Food & Chemical Sensitivity
Associated with the following conditions:
- Gut (IBS, Diarrhea/constipation/bloating, gastritis, reflux, Crohn's etc.)
- Metabolism (obesity, diabetes, healthy weight loss, thyroid illness)
- Skin (eczema, psoriasis, rashes, urticaria etc.)
- Joints (rheumatoid arthritis, muscle pains)
- Respiratory (chronic cough, asthma, sinusitis)
- Neurological (migraine, chronic fatigue, ADD etc.)
... and also for:
- Health optimization
- Performance enhancement
- Weight management
More than 450 individual substances can be tested from a single blood draw.
Testing is available for 237 foods, over 120 medicinal herbs and for 100 chemical substances (colorings, additives, environmental chemicals, pharmaceutical substances) which can provide information as to what items cause immune cells to release inflammatory mediators associated with many conditions.
Special consideration is given to food groups related to gluten (containing grains) and dairy sensitivities as these foods are so common. We also offer, separately, a comprehensive gut health profile (GHP) comprised of several genetic and other laboratory tests, to help in determining the risk/existence of celiac and other GI disorders.
Food & Chronic Inflamation
80% of the immune system is in the gut, which is the largest area of contact with the environment. For our protection, it distinguishes around the clock between "harmless" and "harmful." The above mentioned complaints are often inflammatory conditions caused by innate cellular defense reactions. They may be related to or can be influenced by the daily diet.
What happens with the Immune Cells?
The immune cells swell (especially neutrophils), burst and release their pro-inflammatory substances to neutralize a food particle regarded as harmful.
The result is inflammation- it is useful for the defense of infection or injury. However, through the regular intake of foods perceived by the immune system as "harmful," chronic inflammation associated with many health problems can develop. Additionally increased levels of free radicals caused by oxidative stress, can have harmful effects on tissue and organ systems.
Why do I have Food Sensitivities?
There are multiple reasons why immune cells attack food particles:
- the body is limited in its ability to detoxify,
- it reacts abnormally due to the excess of chemicals in the foods and environment,
- the intestinal function is not in equilibrium or,
- immune dysregulation resulting in some food particles not being recognized and considered as harmful.
The Alcat Test is an immunobiological blood test to analyze the inflammatory response of white blood cells to foods and environmental factors. You will receive a personalized diet based on your individual biochemistry to promote proper immune balance and health.
You will receive an informative, customer friendly
- Easy to understand color-coded test report
- Personalized rotation diet with a practical user guide
- Wallet sized summary card
- A complimentary 30 minute consultation with a wellness advisor to review your results.
Additional nutritional support programs are available with one of our professional advisors for an additional cost.